When I retired as a humanist celebrant I thought I'd stop writing this blog, but my fascination with all things death-related prompted more posts. They're just written from a slightly different perspective, that's all. Oh, and I still do the odd one, by special request.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Playboy


From a report of a trial in the Willesden & Brent Times, October 8th, 2009:
Leon Labastide, 21, known as 'Playboy' ... was shot in the back and found dying by his mother on May 23rd, 2004.
I've done funerals for murder victims but, so far, gang warfare hasn't spread to rural Suffolk.

Photographs by Nad.

5 comments:

Charles Cowling said...

dat is coz dere is still respec among you clodhopers innit margret you don look the drive by type to me do yu carri a blade cos you nevva no yeah its comin innit sad but tru

Margaret Nelson said...

Eh?

Margaret Nelson said...

Oh no it doesn't.

Anonymous said...

Alot of these mothers either dont know what their kids are upto until its too late, or turn a blind eye to it, because its not their son thats been shot, stabbed and is now dead, thats when the outrage starts as far as Im concerned they are all as bad as each other, this guy Leon used to move with 2 sets of bad company, I hear his own family were involved in a killing at the Notting Hill Carnival a few years ago. He was a drug dealer like most of them, all this "going to play football" talk is a cover up.

Margaret Nelson said...

Sure you're right.